Saturday, February 21, 2015

Paderborn Lippestadt - London Heathrow (EDPL - EGLL)

London Baby.




An unexpected detour back to the English isles. I'm a few days behind the Aerosoft "Around the World" contigent who have already left Heathrow and making their way northwards up to Glasgow. A few technical issues with my sim has seen me a day behind and chasing to catch up. Unfortunately the heavy workload that is Heathrow, was punishment on my computer. My machine taking a lot of strain to keep up. Taking a heavy knock in FPS.






Airport Scenery
(EGLL) Heathrow Airport. This was one of the first "Mega" airports in my collection and for this trip I upgraded it to the Xtended. To really enjoy this addon takes a lot of tinkering around with the settings to find that happy medium between FPS and detail.  Aerosoft London Heathrow Xtended.


AI Traffic
Not to sure about this seperation level? This is London airspace! So the skies where packed with trails. Unfortunately on the landing at Heathrow my AI crashed and I had no traffic at any of the gates. The workload just to much for my computer, 




Charts 
Still by far, the best source of free AIP and plates is the UK NATS site. For all the Heathrow details try here



THE FLIGHT PLAN
TimeNotes




The Route: EGLL/HMM/GORLO/REFSO/LOGAN/TRIPO/SABER/ BRASO/LAM/EGLL












No comments:

Post a Comment