Saturday, February 7, 2015

Kiev to Gdansk (UKBB-EPGD)


Welcome to Gdansk

Well!! It has taken me some time to get here. At one stage it looked like I was not going to get out of the Ukraine at all. It would seem that the few weeks away from the simulator has made me forget how to fly this thing. I had a few failed attempts at landing EPGD over the week, but I'm going to blame it on the Russian President Putin and the fact the east of Ukraine has been under siege for a few weeks by civil war. I seem to have taken a few steps backwards in my flying and finding it difficult to capture the glideslope on landing.






TimeNotes
13H15Departure: Nicely ontime via 18L  
14H27The Route: UKBB/KR/LIMVI/OLILA/GRU/EPGD



The Weather: Fairly OK for the trip. Snow conditions around EPGD with active Thunderstorms and 40Knt winds. Requested a deviation and an increase to FL350 from FL320 to get around some thunder clouds around SOMOX.


The Approach










AIP 
These AIP charts from Rocketroute.com

http://www.rocketroute.com/airports/europe-eu/poland-pl/plates-gdansklechwalesa-epgd.html 

AI Traffic
Fairly active sky. Had an Aeroflot A320 shoot past my nose to keep me awake. Followed a KLM flight out of UKBB. All AI from World of AI.




Airport Scenary
(EPGD) Gdansk Lech Walesa Airport by Polish Airports Vol1  Drzweiecki Design  http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodPAv1_X.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment