Sunday, May 17, 2015

Boston to New York (KBOS - KJFK)

The Big Apple, small plane


Big apple . .here we come. The screen shot above is  me departing JFK later that week, after switching airlines and upgrading to the Airbus A320. Good old G-EUPH had done well to bring me this far, but now it was time to upgrade. JFK is where I will be leaving the British Airways A319 and taking up captaincy with Jet Blue. I've been looking forward to arriving in the big apple for some time and had been slowly  collecting scenery to add to the flight. In my collection was New York City X, a monster of an addon with autogen around Manhattan island popping up everywhere. Unfortunately this would kill the frame rate on my computer at sometime.



Airport Scenery
New York Airports X by Drzewiecki Design was the scenery I used for this New York visit. The Canarsie STAR approach using 13L is well depicted with the airport runway lights starting along the freeway and on top of the roof of the nearby hotel.  JFK is big  with well marked taxiways, unfortunately I still got lost and battled to find my gate

The Route
My routing was   KBOS/BRUWN/ACK/SEY/ PARCH/ CCC/ ROBER/ KFK. An uneventful trip down with the highlight definetly being the Canarsie approach. Watch this Youtube clip to see how the pro's fly the approach.

Charts
www.uk.flightaware.com  (KJFK) has started to become the first place I look for Charts

AI Traffic
Air Canada Jazz blocking the taxiway. Am I on the wrong taxiway or him? Once again some marvolous AI. However I should have spend more time loading a few more airlines as I could have had the airport a bit busier. 



































No comments:

Post a Comment