Saturday, January 2, 2016

Rio De Janeiro to Sao Paulo (SBGL - SBGR)



São Paulo 
Aced the landing. . . well almost. The auto pilot lined everything up nicely till the last 100 feet. I left the AP on for as long as possible before flopping down onto the tarmac. It's a good thing that I was pointing straight down the white centre line and not forced to go around again as I was already sucking the last few drops of aviation fuel from the tanks. (I still have not got the hang of estimating fuel load yet). 





ReviewImage
GOL 737NG:Strangely, if you want to connect to Buenos Aires Argentina with GOL you have to go through Sao Paulo. Although their website does show a direst flight, I really battled to find a scheduled departure time, plus I did not need that much of an excuse to stop over in Sao Paulo. Ground service managed to get all passengers loaded and push back early. I thought I'd take advantage of the early window as I was worried I would miss my arrivals slot. Despite all the reports it would look like I was a bit heavy on the accelerator on the trip down and arrived a bit early and a bit lite on the fuel. I'm pretty sure the company is going to have something to say about that. 
Routing
SBGR Airport Map 

Follow my around the world on Google Maps





Weather
Heavy thunderstorms over Rio on departure with torrential run. Things lightened up a bit whilst en-route with more storm waiting over São Paulo. Visibility dropped coming through the cloud but cleared when dropping below 2500 for the approach. Things where dry on the ground.

Airport SceneryTropicalSim - Sao Paulo Gurulhos SBGR. Welcome to São Paulo, one of the world's largest cities. Welcome to Guarulhos Airport, Brazil's main airport, located 25 kilometers from downtown São Paulo. The airport has recently opened a beautiful glass terminal which now hosts most international flights. There are over 40 airlines operating at the airport, with flights to 23 countries and over 100 cities in Brazil and the world. Available at Simmarket.

Cost To Date:TropicalSim - Sao Paulo Guarulhos SBGR 2015 FS9 FSX P3D  £10.22

No comments:

Post a Comment