Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Narsarsuaq - Halifax (BGBW - CYHX)

Welcome to Canada



Final made it across to Nova Scotia. I had a few false starts a month ago and ended up spending more time than I actually wanted in Greenland. During those weeks I have seen the subtle signs of spring begin to creep northwards and melt the polar caps. It seems strange that in a months time I'm hoping to be on the southern side of the equator.




Airport Scenery
Halifax (CYHX) is from Simaddons.com and cost me about (£15) Can$19.99.  Its my first from them and I'm suitable impressed. The details good. Although it was dry when I landed, the water reflection off the apron was probably a bit to much at times for me, (but I think that could be my settings from the frictionality addon). I had a low ceiling of 1000ft and did not have time to appreciate the surrounding landmass when I touched down. Simaddons Halifax has independent jetways so no need for AES . . . but they are incredible noisy and in need on some grease!!



The Route
I think this has to be one of the longer routes I have yet flown. Close on four hours after having to do a go around at once after aborting on finals at Halifax.

My routing was BGBW/ CYMH/ YAY/ YDF/ YJT/ YQY/ CYHZ. The longest stretch being across the straight to Mary's Harbour (CYMH)

The weather was pretty good with a front just after hitting the Canadian mainland. The seatbelt sign was only on for a few minutes ans I don't think anybody spilt any drinks. My of the leg down NewFoundland was above a carpet of cloud that got a bit heavier approaching Halifax.

The Flight
I had loaded UTX Canada in the hope of seeing some incredible landscape below me. I was a bit disappointed as this was pointless at FL380 and cloud cover

Charts
Charts from www.IVAO.ca  (CYHZ)





AI Traffic
The skies have been pretty quiet around me for the last few legs. But now, as I'm approaching the North Americas, things are starting  to get a bit busier. One or two rapid changes in altitude  prevented us banging into the other travellers on this Atlantic crossing freeway. Delta seemed intent on making life a bit nerve racking for my passengers. Where ever it was they where going . . they where going there in a straight line!!" BA4045 . . please expedite your climb to FL380!!"







No comments:

Post a Comment